BASIC APPLICATION TIPS
Kinesiology tape was originally conceived as a treatment aid to be used by physical therapists and other professionals trained in the healing arts, but there’s no reason why you can’t make great use of VARA Tape on your own. Don’t be afraid to jump in and experiment with what works for you.
It generally takes 3 or 4 times to get comfortable with taping before you’ll be taping just like the pro’s. Here are a few tips that will help, ensuring an effective taping application that will last up to 7 days:
- Make sure the skin is clean and dry, and most importantly free from lotions or oils (suntan lotion, skin conditioner, topical treatments, etc). We’ve even found that some bath soaps have moisturizers in them that leave a residue behind, so if you want to play it safe just clean the skin with rubbing alcohol before applying.
- If applying VARA Tape on a joint, the joint should be in a fully bent position. If the tape is applied over a knee or elbow in an extended position the tape will pull off as the joint is moved.
- Never stretch the first or the last of the tape on either end. The tape on the ends should be applied directly to the skin without stretching, otherwise it will pull up and will not stick.
- Set the adhesive by firmly rubbing the tape & make sure all the edges are down. For best results apply the tape 30 minutes before athletic activity
- corners should be rounded
- As each section is applied, rub lightly and briskly from the center to the ends to activate the s-wave adhesive. Do not rub from the ends toward the center, or you may cause the ends to peel away from the skin.